This year, due to the closure of church buildings, it will not be possible to attend Lenten Masses and devotions in the normal way.
However we can still mark Lent in a variety of ways. Here are five ideas to help:
1. Attend Mass in one of the many livestreams from parishes throughout the Archdiocese and beyond. You can find listings here:
2. You can hold a short prayer service at home, either alone or with others in your household. Here is a short Way of the Cross provided by the Bishops of Scotland for such a service:
3. You can mark each day by making a special effort at prayer, fasting from some food or legitimate pleasure and almsgiving - think SCIAF and the wee box appeal
4. You can prepare now for Lent by planning well your Lenten journey. You will find some good ideas here:
5. You can order your SCIAF wee box here: